UTAG - Utah Association of Geocachers helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Someone told me there was a workaround from adding google maps back to geocaching.com. Can someone point me to it?

Capere ceruisa!

This is what I found. This works in FireFox and Chrome.

First, install the greasemonky plugin.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/gre...

Second, install the geocahing.com google maps for greasemonkey script

scripts/show/125925

Tell us of your experience in getting this working.

Marcellus Barrus
UTAG Webmaster

Thanks! I'll update you when I have time to play with it.

Capere ceruisa!

Anyone try this yet?

I follow CacheAdvance on Facebook and they posted the following.  I will try to get this officially confirmed.

-----------------------------------------
Google Maps news: After months of negotiations, Geocaching.com will soon be offering Premium Members the option to use Google Maps. They plan to enable this feature for Premium Members during site maintenance on Tuesday, May 22. There will be no additional fee for Premium Members. Premium Members will be able to access Google Maps through the Beta Maps page.

More details will be available after the release on Tuesday May 22.
-----------------------------------------

If this is true and not just a rumor, this is great news for those of us that have premium memberships.  Thanks Groundspeak and Google for working out your differences.

Marcellus Barrus
UTAG Webmaster

How exactly does it work..I am a premium member on Geocaching.com and have not tried it as of yet but then again I am just starting to get into geocaching and really having a good time with it so far.

:0)

CS300823 said...

How exactly does it work..I am a premium member on Geocaching.com and have not tried it as of yet but then again I am just starting to get into geocaching and really having a good time with it so far.

:0)

For me it seems to just work, when I open the map page it come up with google maps. Of course the only place that I have found a link to the map page is on the right hand side bar of my profile page.
----------
IceWolf08
Alex Weisman

If you are a premium member when you go to the map

http://www.geocaching.com/map/default.aspx?lat=40....

The bottom left corner has a "map preferences"  you can select the google or the leaflet maps to look at. 

On the cache pages there is not an option only the larger map.

What a lovely day for a cache.