UTAG - Utah Association of Geocachers helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

On Saturday, March 24th Camp Floyd State Park is hosting a Geocache Treasure hunt from 10am to 4pm!  Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunt using a global positioning satellite (GPS) unit. Camp Floyd State Park is hosting a geocache treasure hunt in locating various sites within in the park of various historical interests. Visitors who complete the treasure hunt will be awarded with a special prize, while supplies last. Participants are encouraged to bring their own GPS units. A GPS unit with instructions will be available if needed. Park staff will be on hand to assist with the GPS coordinates. Participants will be given the coordinates to the first cache and each subsequent cache will provide the next coordinates. The geocache treasure hunt is included with paid admission of $2 per person, or $6 per family. Food concession will be available to purchase at the event.

Last update on March 6, 4:05 pm by Camp Floyd State Park.

I went to this event last year with the kids.  We had a great time.  I think their favorite thing was to pump the water from the well found in the cemetary. They each took turns priming the pump.

Will there be food available to purchase like their was last year at the park?

marcupio
Discovering Utah....One cache at a time.

[quote=3809]

I went to this event last year with the kids.  We had a great time.  I think their favorite thing was to pump the water from the well found in the cemetary. They each took turns priming the pump.

Will there be food available to purchase like their was last year at the park?

[/quote

Yes!  There will be food available for purchase like last year!

I'm planning on going to this with my new caching buddy, Lil Shadow.  He is sooooo hooked on geocaching now.  I can get him to eat his dinner and clean his room if I promise him we can go geocaching.  It's a win-win if you ask me!  :D