UTAG - Utah Association of Geocachers helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

I'm new to the new UTAG website.  I don't understand how some things work.  Would someone please give me Website 101 explanation of different parts of the website.  Stuff like what it can or can't do.  What are restrictions, limitations, etc.

SirGerald,

You can pretty much do anything.  This is our social geocaching community.  You have the ability to create articles in a blog for everybody to read.  You have the ability to add a survey to your forum posts.  You have the ability to upload images to your gallery for all to see and even add events.  There are even some stat apps to help you know your standing with some puzzle caches. Things are similar to how facebook works in a lot of ways.

If there are improvements that need to be made, please let us know so that we can get them added.

Marcellus - webmaster

Marcellus Barrus
UTAG Webmaster

There are plans on adding in geocaching live functionality.  First of all, to do account validation.  But, it could branch from there to update the stat apps automatically, instead of uploading your finds pocket query.  I was also working on a design to log caches from the site as well.  Just things to make like a little easier.  So, if there is something you would like to see, let us know.

Marcellus Barrus
UTAG Webmaster